17" vs. 19" lcds in gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
nicee... so one last question, is there a difference between 650:1 contrast ratio and 550:1, or it is not noticeable to the human eye.

I'd say pixel size. It's really a simple issue. If you have a bigger monitor with the same resolution, the pixels will be bigger, and thus it won't look as nice. However, the same resolution at a smaller size means smaller pixels, so a better-looking image.

Well if you HAVE to get a monitor that expensive go with the one from Acer for it has the faster refresh time, and it's 2 pounds lighter (not that much of a pro but hey its a pro). Although I would never go with a monitor that expensive when you have a 17" LCD 8ms and that money could go to something more important either the computer itself or something else, thats right kids, there is actually other things then computer hardware.

Quote:
Well if you HAVE to get a monitor that expensive go with the one from Acer for it has the faster refresh time, and it's 2 pounds lighter (not that much of a pro but hey its a pro). Although I would never go with a monitor that expensive when you have a 17" LCD 8ms and that money could go to something more important either the computer itself or something else, thats right kids, there is actually other things then computer hardware.

Can't help it, I'm a hardware addic.

dmhnc said:
Quote:

Can't help it, I'm a hardware addic.

Can you send me your old one? :D

so does anyone kno the answer to my question?? ^^

is there a difference between 650:1 contrast ratio and 550:1, or it is not noticeable to the human eye

Read the review from newegg. They know more than us. But ive heard that ya...the contrast and brightness is insane on that monitor. Very vibrate colors making for beautiful gaming.

Whoalah! $200 19" LCD beast....end of topic.

Horrible dot pitch, .294mm? That's ****, don't go or anything above .264 mm.

Also, like others have said, the 17" and 19" share resolutions, which is why the 19" sucks. If the 19" used a higher resolution, then it could be decent. The 1280x1024 resolution looks sharp on the 17", but blurry on the 19".

Nevertheless, if your still convinced you want a 19", only buy one of these

link doesnt work ^

also, isnt all 19" lcds pixel dot is 0.294? so i dont really get it, are all the 19" out right now not good? so your saying they will make new lcds in the future that is 19" and have a smaller pixel dot and can support lower resolutions? <-- also why does it matter if i play a game in higher or lower resolution? why cant i play a game in 1280x1024 resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom