freezing when it wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba0315

In Runtime
Yeah, thats it... My computer (in sig) freezes whenever I play games. Its not overheating because I downloaded SpeedFan and I'm running at 24C. I reformatted, deleted the partition yet its still happening. I don't know what to do... Help?

Look at your graphic card. See if it is seated properlly but just to be sure reseat it.
Then look at the fan, see if it is spiining on the card
Look at your northbridge fan/heatsink as well and see if it is working or seated properly.

get a all around app that checks all temp's on pc like mobo monitor

I know its not my grapics card because I switched to onboard graphics and it would still freeze. CPU heatsink is running fine... Where can I find a better temp app?

Reseat your RAM and Video card if you havnt already done so. Also, check that there are no burst capacitors on the motherboard (The things that look like little wee silo's.

The fact that the problem is still there after a fresh format, would lead me towards hardware failure. It could be a number of things causing the problem, motherboard, RAM, video card, CPU.

When did it start freezing? Have you added any extra PCI cards or done anything inside the case lately? Any power outtages?

Sorry for the late reply, I never saw another post...

I think it is the HD, personally. When I would start up games, there would be a squeeling noise coming from my tower.

How do I reset Video card and memory? EDIT: NVM, reseat... My bad... I'll do that with my ram, I already did with my video card.

It started freezing so that everything was stuck except for my mouse. But after two reformats it will freeze totally where I have to restart my PC. It only happens when I'm playing games or one time when I was loading music from a CD onto iTunes, talking on AIM, and browsing the internet.

After it froze I adjusted card placements so that the video card got as much cool air as possible. I put the ethernet card next to it because it was shortest hopefully reducing it to heatup.

I was told to find a better temperature program, where can I find one of those?

Thanks

Sorry for double post but I was talking to my dad via email and he told me to find out if my mobo is compatible with a 2.8 or higher cpu without a BIOS upgrade.

I plan on getting this HD (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822135106) and eventually this cpu (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116198). The thing is... I am lost when I try to figure out if things are compatible. My dad also said that he thinks it is the memory or mobo.

Please just give me some opinions and some easy, less expensive alternatives to try before I buy all the new parts.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom