speakers not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubs

Beta member
i have a xerox lcd monitor 3 series with built-in speakers...i have just cleaned my computer off and started from scratch...i added all my other programs on to the computer already...now for my itunes im trying to listen to music but it wont play...i go to speech and it wont play and says i have no audio devices installed/setup...why arent my speakers being recognized..i have tried every trouble shoot i can...

please help me

-chubs

new comp

i just built a comp from scratch, and am getting the same problem. i'm thinking something to do with drivers?

Yeah, make sure to install all of the drivers that came with your motherboard.

no audio devices means that no driver is installed
if u assembled ur pc urself sometimes windows cd doesnt have drivers for audio
they are usually on the cd that came with MOBO
go to device manager(control pannel/system/hardware)
and see if u got any unrecognised hardware

ya i still need some help my speakers still won't work and ya so anymore help anybody please

-chubs

sorry dude i didnt see the private messages(new to this board)
but speakers no matter where they are have to be connected to soundcard's audio output
audio_jack.jpg

check the back/side/bottom of ur monitor there should be an audio input hole (probably same as headphone jack on cd players)
lcdtv_6.jpg

u gonna need this cable
mini%20audio%20cable.jpg

as far as audio drivers find a cd that came with ur motherboard
or a recovery cd that came with ur computer
if u dont have any find out ur mobo.s model and go to manufacturer's webpage they usually have drivres and updates and download latest drivers for everything while u there
reinstall the audio driver.
to check unrecognised drivers go here
sys_prop.png

then click hardware and then select device manager
in device manager if u see any yellow icons thats the devices that either have problems or dont have drivers for them
kinda like this
unknown.jpg

u can also right click on them and update driver and let windows search online for it (if u have legal copy of windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom