Computer doesn't boot but runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

logan9967

Solid State Member
to start it off its a 2003 toshiba satellite thats almost constantly in the shop. and i do know that this kind tends to overheat but i dont think this was the problem this time.

when the problem first came up i tryed starting it in early summer 2005. it was hooked up into a car adapter from ac into dc. i started the laptop and booted but a few seconds later just died.

that hard drive was just fixed a month or so earlier so im not sure if that is the problem.

right now you push the power button and it turns on. but it doesnt boot. and doesnt give any screen at all just black. i plugged it into an external monitor to see if it was just the screen but the external showed black also.

i hear it start like the fans and things. but then they just stop.

if anyone has any idea about this at all it is very appreciated.

take it back to the shop or throw it away and bet a new computer thats not from toshiba.

Coudl be a power issue. maybe your battery does not hold a charge any more and the dc jack on your laptop could be out of shape

well i think it may be power related because of the shock and all but it always has somthing wrong with it. so what im going to do is get it fixed then trade it in to toshiba. (they say they'll give me around $280 for it if it works) so then ill have it off my hands. unless they charge me more than 200 to get it fixed :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom