Building a Decent Gaming PC on a Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orayn

In Runtime
Over the summer, I'll have amassed about $1400 from the new job I plan to get, and I'll spend much of it on computers. Here's my deal: I want a budget gaming PC, but I'm not terribly savvy with the nitty gritty of gaming PCs. I'll outline my plans, and if you're all feeling friendly you'll help me fill it in.
What I want:
  • New motherboard. Definitely SLI-compatibly, perferably with 4 ram slots.
  • New case. A clear side panel would be nice, but I really don't care that much.
  • New power supply. I know that what came with my HP won't be enough for good performance with two PCI-e cards, so I'll need a new one.
  • New monitor. I'd like a new LCD monitor because the one I have has a frayed cable and it's max resolution is only 1024 by 768.
So, does anyone have suggestions for specific hardware models?

True but Lian-Li are the best cases out there and that thing has so much friggen room inside..but yeah the one you picked out is pretty cool..:)..and btw does evreything else suit you? hope I helped..

The case looks odd. I'm sure it'd be nice, but I'd really perfer something more traditional. Also, the motherboard you listed had a bunch of complaints about being very complicated in its reviews. Do you think you could suggest something simpler, not to mention a bit cheaper.

The DFI Lanpartys are probably the best motherboards out there. Don't let critical reviews of it being 'complicated' steer you into buying an inferior product. Btw, I wouldn't waste your money on that Lian Li case Unknown Envy recommended. It's overpriced and ugly. Spending over $150 on a case when you're on a budget isn't a good idea, as that could be going into improving the computer's performance itself. There's plenty of great cases out there for under $150. Here's one of my personal favorites that I ordered for my new build (NZXT Lexa): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811146018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom