When is Best Time/Brand?! HIGH END COMPUTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
GEEEZ.... I haven't been here in forever... glad it's still here. :)

Anyway, I want to buy a new computer but I don't know if it is the right TIME. I mean, I don't want to buy a Pentium 4 just cuz I've read so much stuff on it and people don't like it. Also that Intel is coming out with the Conroe (which I think is the Core Duo???? right??) and ditching the whole Pentium 4 convinced me to not buy a P4. But there are the Pentium D 800's (which is 2 p4's stuck together... i think..) so I want to stay away from that too. So what is the difference between Yonah and Conroe?? Is Conroe the Pentium 900's?

Besides all that, I want to know when it would be the best time to buy a computer. I mean, how long is it gonna take for the new chips to come out? I heard some 6ghz chip would come out this year 2006, but I think that might be bogus...

And what brand should I get? I want a computer that is on the high end. I am willing to spend $1,500. And no I am not interested in building it, although I probably could.

I am looking more into Desktops, but information on laptops is also good. But please specify which one you're talking about. Thanks guys~

AMD :D spell it with me.... U-B-E-R F-A-S-T :) but If your concernd graphically then now is probably the best time to wait....hehe hello g71 , R600 and G80..hehe

If you're buying a comp for gaming, don't get a laptop.

And if you're stuck on what cpu to get, get a Athlon. More suited to gaming, and overclock more.

a $1,500 retail computer is equvilent to roughly a $950 built computer.

Keep that in mind, and consider building your own.

Based on some specs it is possible for Intel to be better than AMD in the next gen.

*Bangs head on door for saying evil things*

I've never built a computer before, but I know where everything goes. I've installed rams, video cards, etc, which is pretty much plug it and forget it.... Is building pretty much the same thing? Cuz I don't want to deal with that static ruining the circuits and stuff. I would be pretty ****ed to find out that I blew some resistor or w/e while I was building the computer.

When are the new Intel CPU's coming out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom