MCE 2005 Starts to play tv then freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll disable the on board in the bios, but all I've got is two speakers hooked up so I haven't set anything to 5.1..

nope the onboard was disabled to begin with, I guess I did that when I installed the card.... lemme go through the windows audio settings and see if any say 5.1, do you know of any that are in MediaCenter???

Not for sure on that one. I've only used it a few times. Most system use the 5.1 Did you do the test on the speakers to here each on separate?

MC vol is tie'd to the master vol, and windows is set to 2 speaker. everything in Volume Center is set to max and the volume still isn't quite right in MC

ah, it's alright, the bigest problem is that it records in .dvr-ms format, proprietary microsoft, and the only way to put it into MGPE format is a third party utility, only one I know of is Digital Media Converter and that's 40 bucks and it's some what slow, I think. Also I only have anolog cable so at 1280x1024 it looks rather grainy. .. but it records like a tivo box which I like, it intergrates a TV guide so with a couple clicks you can record a whole series

got that decoder, I usually just use an MPEG cutter to do video editing, now I'm going to have to figure out what to use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom