Driver Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister

Solid State Member
Each time I start my machine I get a popup from my tray that says such and such driver was not started because it will make windows unstable. I found that driver and I believed it to be out of date so I tried deleting it but it made my CD and DVD drives not work. I have also tried updating my CD and DVD drivers from the companies webpage but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Is there something I am forgetting to do or should I just try again?

The drivers in question are cdralw2k.sys and cdr4_2k.sys both from Roxio

Neither drives nor drivers are missing I don't think. According to NeroInfoTool CDR4_2k is version 2.5 and cdralw2k is version 1.0.

Funny thing is, I searched my hard drive for Roxio software like Easy CD creator and it is not installed...

Is there an easy-ish way to just get and install new drivers? Went to Memorex website to find them and their site is useless...

Sorry to gush WaMo but...

You are a God amongst men. Thanks for the help! Seems that you have solved almost all of the last 30 or so topics that I looked at including my simple issues.

I have been using computers for 15 years but with no formal training. Had to learn everything through trial and error. Any advice or nugget of knowledge you think semi-noobs need to know??

Thanks again.

Trial and error for me too.
College
Ask questions
Be a member of a forum
Screw things up yourself, learn how to fix them, search for the answers to fix yourself
Download as much software as possible, learn it, apply it. Wether it be trial, or full, no matter how you get it.
Experience all kinds of software and test it to see if it is really appropriate to have or not.
Ask questions
Ask questions
Etc... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom