blank HDD i want 3 operating systems how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayboi2005

Baseband Member
Hello what i have done is formatted my HDD i want 3 operating systems. Can anyone help me and tell me how to do this?

I want to add

XP Pro
Server 2003
Mac OSX

Cheers Jay
ASAP would be good.

I have a feeling i should go into dos and create 3 partitions.

Okay there is no way to get Mac OS X onto a PC.

Yes you are correct that you will need 3 partitions.
1. XP Pro
2. Server 2003
3. Files

As i have stated there is no way to install OS X to a PC. There was a leaked build of a Intel build of OS X taht would somewhat allow for it to be installed but the way to do it is very ahrd. Not many people got it to work. If i remember correctly you also are having trouble installing Server 2003 correctly. If you truly wish to mess with OS X i am sorry to say taht you might not be able to get it done.

Mak you are aware that Mac has released an Intel Compatible version not to long ago.

All you need to do is setup three seperate partitions and install 1 OS per partition.

Yes i am aware of that Tyler but PC's do not have the SSE3 hardware that is needed to install OS X. That is why i said that OS X can not be installed on PC's. You have to do it thru VMware and then take the image off with Acronis and then use the image to install it onto your system.

You do realize that Apple/Mac made all sorts of press releases saying that they (to this point) will not allow for cross over between PCs and Macs. I think it will change in the future but as of right now just because they use Intel doesnt mean you can install it on a PC. If you can show me the link to the install instructions since i would like to do it myself.

I don't know Mak I've seen 10.4 Tiger run the the Labs at school and I can assure you that those are legal copies (tell me if I can bust the educators).

Tyler even my google searches have not come across a way for it to be done without VMware. OSX86 Project has all sorts of info that is useful but as you can see from the forum it is all done thru VMware. That has been tho only way to install it. Even the leaked x86 build can only be installed this way.

Apple/Mac has not allowed for their machines to install both OS's natiavely yet. It can be done as i have had friends do it. I almost done it myself. But i messed up my image. So i would say that your educators have done something that the rest of the PC community have been trying and not fully accomplishing. I know that it has been done. I aint arguing that. I am just saying that you can use a legal OS X but to install on a PC is less than legit.

ok so i want XP Pro and Server 2003 and maybe a Linux to play with if possible. I know how to create these partitions. And im ok installing the furst Operating SYstem via DOS. But then to install the second i get stuck.

Well Jay if you do put Linux on dont format the 3rd partition. Linux uses a different file system than windows. So that will help you install Linux.

There will be a Linux boot loader that you will use to swap between all 3 OS's. I have tried to help you get the other OS installed. Where did you obtain your Server 2003 from? I had no problem installing mine with a dual setup with my XP. I just inserted my disc and away i went. Even installed it on a different partition.

Tyler i dont know if there are any awards for ratting on people. I just gave you the info i knew about OS X on PC's. Like i said it has been tried many times espically since the announcement of MacTels. I would contact Apple/Mac and see what they have got to say.

As for boot loaders grub sometimes will have difficulties with chain loading but I'm not sure if that is only effecting different physical drives or partitions I'd recommend LILO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom