Partition and 2 operating systems help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayboi2005

Baseband Member
Hello i made a partition on my HDD last night well i made 3 of them after i formatted it. i made c: d: and e: on c: i have put xp pro on d: i want to add Windows Server 2003 so i can study for my MCSE. The problem is i dont know how to install this onto d: i can access it from XP PRO but not install on there. any help please? Cheers Jay

Inset the CD that you have Server 2003 on. When it comes to the install options just choose D as the root directory.

it asks me and says its installind it on \\WINDOWS i presume this is c:\WINDOWS i want it on D:\ when i put that it says something about thats not long enough.

Did you try to type in D:\ Windows? Will it accept that name for an install directory?

Makaveli213 said:
Did you try to type in D:\ Windows? Will it accept that name for an install directory?

tried that and it wont accept, i think i need to add this from DOS if there is a way or somethign like that.

Okay so it wont accept D:\ Windows how about something like D:\WinNT? That way it wont be confused with the XP C:\Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom