upgrade build for my neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITZBVAN005

In Runtime
ok i just upgraded my neighbors pc because her motherboard went on her and i installed a new mobo and video card and stuff like that well i have checked and rechecked and checked again to make sure EVERYTHING is correctly put into place and it seems like it is but the problem is the monitor wont come on but the cpu does the monitor comes on for a minute then it goes blank why is this and what can i do to get the monitor to stay on

I would guess that there is a problem somewhere between the video card and the monitor, wether it is the video card itself, the cable, or the monitor.

When you start it up do you get ANY output on the monitor when the computer is started? Can you tell if the system POST's, or is the monior stay completly black the WHOLE time?

What kind of CPU does it use, and what kind of themal paste did you use (you DID, didn't you?) between the CPU and the heat sink? It sounds like the system isn't POSTing... re-check that the CPU is in correctly, and also that the RAM is good.

its says monitor is now entering power saving mode i have a 250 watt psu do you think thats enuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom