Troubl with Nvidia Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
Just got a new vid card for my PC. Its a Nvidia fx5500. It says its AGP8x enabled, but i cant get it to go higher than 4x. It does an absolutely terrible job running Halo PC, even with low settings.

Im wondering if thats because of my kinda-old motherboard or if i need different software. I got the latest forceware drivers off Nvidia.com and tried Riva tuner, but the highest option is 4x. So, is it a HW problem or a software problem:confused:

Thanx.

my mobo is 6 yrs old, and my bios is not updated. I cant select AGP options, the only thing i can do is set it to AGP instead of PCI.

my mobo is 6 yrs old, and my bios is not updated.
Thats why, and even if you changed it to AGP 8X, you wouldn't notice a lick of difference.

If your motherboard is six years old, than you need a new system. Halo PC runs like s*** on anything but X800/6800 or X1800/7800 videocards.

And personally, your not missing anything by not playing it. It sucks compared to most other PC fps's.

ummm Sw1tCh.....halo PC runs fine on my pc...i have 768mb ddr ram...and a 6600GT agp....i play it on all high settings no proplems...but yea i agree its nothing special compared to F.E.A.R. n Quake 4 n HL2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom