Harddrive issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Joka

In Runtime
I am running WinXP Home Edition SP2 and, lately I have noticed that my harddrive has been increasingly using more and more space. Example, yesterday I was using about 18 gigs of spaces and today I am using 19 gigs. I got my computer used and when I got it, it was using 5-6 gigs of space. I have had this computer for a little less than a year. I have about 5 gigs of music/video and, about 1-2 gigs of programs. Where is the other 8-9 gigs coming from?

Windows and Office take up lots, rest is more than likely just crap and temporary internet files. You should buy a program called Windows Washer, it'll clean up your computer totally for you and gain you back tons of space and performance.

I would download a disk usage utility and see exactly where the space is being allocated to... I personally love this free little scanning tool which you can download here

http://www.steffengerlach.de/freeware/

It would be the Scanner tool.

This will give you a graphical layout in different colors on where the space is being allocated to. You can then hover your mouse over each section to see what directory it is :) let us know your results!

If you have multiple user accounts that could eat up space as well. 8-9 gigs is quite a bit, you can double check the directories on your drive and see if any look out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom