Overclockining Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overclocking Quiz

as per usual i'm bored so i'm creating a thread. i thought seeing as the hardware quiz is just about dead i would start an overclocking quiz. this could also be useful as no doubt some FAQ's will come up and give people some answers to search for in the future.

edit: **** it, mistyped the title :(

starting with something fairly basic.

Q: When an overclock is unstable what can be increased in an attempt to stabilise it?

I have a feeling you'll be running out of questions fairly quickly ;)

Answer: vcore

Answer: Raise your VCORE or your DRAM voltage

Your LDT multi wont necessary be your problem, because most new mobo's automatically lower it :)

Run a divider

you should do this thread differently. You should make a list of like 10 or 15 good questions for stuff that you really should know for OCing, number them, then people can answer all that they know for each number. that way people can see all the questions in 1 place, and get more information in general from each reply. Thats my 2 cents. :) I would reply to this first question but i think pzero mostly covered it. dam u pzero! :D

Edit: So what I think you should do is edit the first post and put in all the other questions and give them all numbers.

A: The first thing that should come to anybody's mind here is vcore. After that, you may try lowering the LDT multiplier, placing a divider on the RAM, increasing the DRAM voltage, increasing the LDT voltage, and experimenting with different DRAM timings.

Answer 2: Phase change, TEC, chilled water, liquid nitrogen or dry ice :)

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
Intel PAWNS AMD! Seriously... I hope the guy who said watercooling was kidding.

Ryan

yes i was kidding, but that doesnt mean i knoew the real answer and the other guys right, phase change, liq nitrogen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom