Cleaning LCD screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
So I've tried using damp paper towels, and I dare not use anything else. How should I clean my screen?

I use a damp paper type cloth that is very soft and leaves no lint. But, it doesn't get rid of the finger smudges that I occasionaly get on there from closing the screen on my laptop. :D I'd like to know what can get rid of smudges without having to scrub on the screen.

When i clean my LCD, i slightly soak it with water from paper towers, then grab some heavy duty paper towels, and scrape all the little crud off.

I used sunlight just for an experiment on my old laptop, it totaly scrued me over... the LCD leaked, and i got this rainbow colored stuff all over the desk. Took 3 ohurs to get it out.

So far, spend about 1 hour cleaning in with papertowles and water.

50% water, 50% alcohol. very soft cloth (like what you get for eleglasses). Turn of monitor, wipe with damp cloth, dry with another. Let sit for a few minutes before you turn it back on to be sure it is dry.

I'm doing the paper towel thing too. They're not the brown kind that you find in bathrooms ofcourse, I mean the white giant tissue-kind.

Yea, its the fingerprints that won't get off on mine also.

Edit:

Trotter said:
50% water, 50% alcohol. very soft cloth (like what you get for eleglasses). Turn of monitor, wipe with damp cloth, dry with another. Let sit for a few minutes before you turn it back on to be sure it is dry.

Thanks, gonna try that now :)

trotters one is good but i use a 70% alcolhol (isopropyl) and 30% water, it drys alil faster and gets ride of smudges better, but the cloth i use it the one from my friends psp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom