6800GS Vs. X850XT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
b/c of this, ive decided to get the 6800gs. originally i was going to get an x800 or something, but everyone seems to haet their drivers and cards. will you guys explain how to OC a videocard, specifically the 6800gs? i know how to OC a proc, but not a videocard.

Your software CD that comes with the card should have the program "Coolbits" on it. Install that, and there will be a 'clock frequency' setting in your Nvidia display menu. This is where you overclock.

There's also a program called 'Rivatuner', doesn't matter which one you use, they both do the same thing.

I'm still curious what's so bad about ATI's drivers? Everyone keeps saying sometihng is wrong but no one will back that up with some examples. And if that's the case you'd think the Omega Drivers would fix whatever was holding the stock ATI drivers back.

I've got a ATI X800XT PE and overall i'm extremely happy with it's performance. It's lasted me over a year now and it still is holding up very well against all the newest games.

But, if i was buying a new card right now, I'd go with something that supports SM3. Even though my card is fast and tough... the jagged edges in soft shadows always make me wish my card supported SM3.

Even though I love this card, I'd suggest the 6800GS.

ALSO: As much as i like most of these guys, tech-forum members are a bunch of NVIDIA & AMD fan boys... lol oh boy.. here it comes.

I may be an Nvidia fanboy but i run ATI cards in some of my systems and if they have the better card i will say it. Also i just traded an AMD mobo/processor for an Intel mobo/processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom