windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamesbond09 said:
but if you have 2gb or more like me you won't have a problem!!!

once 64 bit stuff really gets going over the next few years you would be amazed at how fast it would take before 2 gb will be the minimum for most programs and new systems will come preloaded with 6gb of ram.

i think it should be illegal to sell computers without at least 512 MB of RAM, even dell's minimum PC has that RAM

Warez Monster said:
Because you dont know what the **** you are doing thats why...
Agreed.

talldude123 said:
because you shouldnt be using xp on a low-memory computer to start with

the minimum for XP isnt 233 mhz, 64 mb ram, but most people know that pentium 3's even struggle
Once again, "Minimum Requirements" DOES NOT mean "Minimum Requirements to Run Great"!

Minimum reqs are listed to give a low-line base of what will not work, or what platforms are not recommended for the use of the product. It does not mean that the app/OS will run great!

But then again, most people using Windows can't read (or don't), so they expect it to magically work without any effort at all. With minimal tweaking, you can get an XP installation to run circles around a 2000 installation on the same PC.

ShoobieRat said:
Agreed.

Once again, "Minimum Requirements" DOES NOT mean "Minimum Requirements to Run Great"!

Minimum reqs are listed to give a low-line base of what will not work, or what platforms are not recommended for the use of the product. It does not mean that the app/OS will run great!

But then again, most people using Windows can't read (or don't), so they expect it to magically work without any effort at all. With minimal tweaking, you can get an XP installation to run circles around a 2000 installation on the same PC.

you are****** exactly****** correct

Windows 2000 will run o.k on a 500mhz .with 64mb ram ..runs fine

Tall dude ..i would recommend u putting Windows 2000 on your pc thats if it will make it run o.k and not glitchy

problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom