EMERGENCY! I need to reformat my computer and install Windows XP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya for 2 reasons:

1.) i dont have a floppy drive

2.) Fdisk, Format, Diskpart, and Windows XP partition deleting all failed to work... The partition would always still be there. Finally the only thing that worked was Symantec Gdisk (which is including in Madboot 8.0, which is included in Ultimate Boot CD)

Im always use the bootdisk 98 oem, XP partition delete doesnt really delete it, it overwrite it. I confirmed that a bunch of times when i go back to c:/program files and I see the folders still there of programs I had installed but I didnt install yet on the new build

rocket1406 said:
ya for 2 reasons:

1.) i dont have a floppy drive

2.) Fdisk, Format, Diskpart, and Windows XP partition deleting all failed to work... The partition would always still be there. Finally the only thing that worked was Symantec Gdisk (which is including in Madboot 8.0, which is included in Ultimate Boot CD)

you were suppose to select yes to delete the partition anyway if you had booted from the cd. setup would have copied new files to the install

your main problem was that you tried to install from within windows when cause you all of the problems. you never install a fresh install from within windows unless you are installing it acrooss a network that has a computer that doesn't have a cd rom to boot from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom