Finally - Computer Parts Ordered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanM

Daemon Poster
Well, after a long wait, my parents finally let me purchase my computer parts. I found an Opteron 146 brand new on Ebay for $200 (hopefully that turns out well). I decided to drop the 165 because I couldn't fit that into my budget because I was told I'd have to pay for the entire thing myself. Anyway, here is the final spec list for those interested:

Case: NZXT LEXA-NP Black/Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Power Supply:Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 500W Power Supply
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
Processor: AMD Opteron 146 2.0GHz Processor
CPU Fan & Heatsink: ZALMAN CNPS7000B-Cu LED 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan
RAM: G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM System Memory
Video Card: eVGA GeForce 6800GS 256-P2-N386 Video Card
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Optical Drive: NEC Black IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner Model ND-3550A
Speakers: Logitech X-230 2.1 Speaker
Floppy Drive: NEC Black Internal Floppy Drive Model FD1231H-302
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home with SP2
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

Hopefully near the end of next week all of this will be in so I can get started on my build. Whee! Total price: $988.37 (not including video card which I already have).

i just did the same thing, had to pay for it also. specs are in my sig. good luck with your build, i hit a couple road blocks that delayed me a day but im done now and its great. im having trouble setting up my internet but things could be worse, a lot worse.

Only problem I see with that build is that you bought value RAM. You bought an Opteron, so I'm guessing that your going to be doing a fair amount of overclocking. The value RAM is going to really limit your overclock because you have a good overclocking CPU and bad overclocking RAM.

If it's money you are concerned about, you should have bought this RAM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231046

We just used it on a recent computer build for one of our teachers and it's already running at 460 MHz. I'm positive that it can still go higher, just gotta stop with the CPU because it's using OEM heatsink & fan.

If money isn't a problem, go with something better than I showed in the link. ;)

Well, it's not too late. That price difference is very low :eek:. Nothing's happened to my order since it's the weekend (don't think Newegg processes on weekends). I can always redo it. However, is there any edit option or would I have to cancel the order and reorder everything?

Oh yes, money is a problem. If it wasn't, I'd got that Opteron 165 I planned on getting for so long.

Edit: Will this do the OC'ing trick? It's a $21 price increase over the value RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231047

NathanM said:
Well, it's not too late. That price difference is very low :eek:. Nothing's happened to my order since it's the weekend (don't think Newegg processes on weekends). I can always redo it. However, is there any edit option or would I have to cancel the order and reorder everything?

Oh yes, money is a problem. If it wasn't, I'd got that Opteron 165 I planned on getting for so long.

Edit: Will this do the OC'ing trick? It's a $21 price increase over the value RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231047
Yes, that looks like the same RAM I showed you. Just 2GB instead. :)

It wont overclock as well as some of the more expensive RAM, but it's much better than value RAM for only a few bucks more. I'm pretty dissapointed that I didn't order it instead. It's got looser timings, heatspreaders, and overclocks better than the value RAM I bought. lol

I bought value ram and one 512 stick has aready died on me. I'm thinking about picking up 2 of those sticks linked above :)

I cancelled my order and redid it with the RAM you suggested in the package. It'd been nice if there was a way to 'edit' the order, but oh well. No harm done. Thanks.

Well, I don't have a digital camera or a scanner so... argh... how could I go about doing that? :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom