Status
Not open for further replies.

trini_dad

Solid State Member
which is the best

Arconis True Image
Norton Ghost
Nova Backup

I want to be able to create a Bootable Disk that can restore my system exactly how it was it has to be bootable and it has to be on a dvd.

i know Norton Ghost 2003 did it but it doesnt support SATA Drives,not sure about arconis and Nova u need a Windows Disk and u still have to get the drivers for all your hardware.

u cud still give me some good alternatives

Well Acronis True Image 9 is the best. Acronis 10 is now apart of Norton Ghost. Symantec bought then out. I have used Norton Ghost 9 and Ghost 2003. I am using Acronis True Image 9 now.

I have not had any issues with the SATA support since that is what i use also. The only drivers i have had to add are the USB but that was easy.

Ghost is compatible with the new Serial ATA (SATA) standard. If you are experiencing problems like Ghost hanging, locking up, or freezing when loading or while "initializing TCP/IP" once Ghost loads, the problem lies with the interrupt handling for the Intel 865 Chipsets and later. Upgrading to the latest version of Norton Ghost 2003 or Symantec Ghost 8.0 resolves the problem. Also, see the Technical Information section below for information about an update to Symantec Ghost 7.5.WorkaroundDepending upon the mix of SATA and IDE drives installed to your system, one of the following switches should resolve the problem:
If you have an IDE and an SATA drive, or only IDE drives:-FNI Forces Ghost to use the BIOS to gain access to the IDE drive.
If you have an SATA drive and no IDE drives:-NOIDE Disables access to IDE devices.

ok thanks
i think the problem had to do with the intel 865 chipset
i'll try it out and reply if any problems occur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom