KICK *** system...needs a dump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazer9er

Beta member
Well I'm not a huge computer genious but it seems I have a problem (I feel) with a brand new PC I had built over the x-mas period.

The specs are as follows (as much as I understand all this, please feel free to let me know if theres anything wrong here):

A8N-SLI Deluxe asus mobo
AMD Athlon 64 fx-55 2.61ghz+
2gig DDR 400 Kingston mem.
SLI enabled 2xGeforce GF-7800 GTX
Maxtor 300gig HDD 7800RPM SATA II 16mb (raid rdy is it not?)

Now from all accounts and drooling people looking at a 3k + Canadian dollar system, how would you assume it works?

It was assembled by a trustworthy seller where I live but it seems that the system might have been badly configured to take FULL advantage of such a system.

I have 3dmark 2006 and I have to say the benchmark is depressing at best...scoring something like 4000 something. I seem to remember my ex PC with an older geforce 4600 back in the day benched like 8000-9000. IS THIS NORMAL???

Did I get screwed over or can I optimize this machine, still lying in wait, to blow things up?

Does it play games fine (fine being max settings at good framerate)? If so, I wouldn't worry about the score.

Well Im worrying because it should be like way over kick *** in any game right now including, half life 2, doom 3, fear and others.

I mean like it works fine graphic wise and settings like half life 2 on full everything runs on my cpu at 1920 x 1440. FEAR does max settings at 1600 x 1200 85hz. and I havent tried doom 3 yet.

Sure it all sounds good to people with older systems or no good graphics card...but how many FPS should i be getting? Should I be getting fluidity lag on FEAR even?

I just feel it could be better for some reason...is it really working good or am I just expecting too much from such a system?? :(

no definetly not any lag... there's probably a problem with overheating or something, considering you have top of the line stuff that takes a lot to run. It could also be the psu

Oh and Im also getting like below 15 FPS on some 3dmark tests and even 2 of them getting like 0-5 for some whatever ARGHHHH reason....WTF is that all about????

*goes to cry over his system* lol like is this all normal?

*Sighs* I guess I either find some way to optimize this system or the guy takes it back...this is crazy no?

Sounds like a driver problem, update them and see how everything runs after. 003 has a CPU that's 300MHz higher than yours but a much lower end video card compared t yours.

Nobody gets good frames in the latest 3Dmark. Its designed to stress your computer to its limits and give you a rating of how good it is. You cannot compare the scores of different versions of 3Dmark.

Download the newest drivers from Nvidia, like 81.98 or whatever and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom