Strange Standby Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DISK

Baseband Member
This problem started about 2-3 days ago and I really can't think of what could be causing this.

I leave my computer on 24/7 and have never had a problem. I usually have programs running at night while I sleep, etc. Usually all I would have to do is turn the monitor on and shake the mouse and voila, there is my desktop. Now all of a sudden, I turn the monitor on and it acts like the computer isn't on. The computer is on, I can hear the fans going, but the only thing I can do is hit the reset button and then it gets louder, sounds like the 2 sata hard drives I have are starting up.

This is really annoying, especially if I set it to download something while I sleep and I wake up to find out that it went into this strange shutdown mode not long after I left it.

I have all the standy stuff set to off in windows. Anyone have a clue as to what my problem could be?

Yeah, I have SP2 installed. I believe I have found/fixed the problem. It was the video driver. I just uninstalled it, ran driver cleaner, and installed the newest version and voila, no more system freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom