LCD viewable display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBD

In Runtime
You know how a 19" CTR monitor only has 18" viewable display. Well....I was wondering if the LCDs are the same way, or dose a 19" LCD monitor have a 19" viewable display?

Mine does, it all really depends on the model and company. It should say in the specs of the monitor how much is viewable.

A 19" LCD has 19" viewable.

Once you get a decent LCD, you'll never want a CRT again.

19" viewable, that was my reason for going 19", although I should have went with the 17" for more scalable resolutions. LCDs are very nice, most here will tell you to go with a CRT, but you only want to do that if you play your games at 1024x768 and refuse to go higher. All the tales about LCDs and ghosting just aren't true anymore with today's high end LCDs.

I'm a little confused:confused: It says "2ms gray-to-gray (avg.); 2ms white-black-white (typ)"

Does it always have a 2ms response time? For example- red to green and blue to yellow?

Response time is basically the amount of time it takes for a liquid crystal cell to go from active (black) to inactive (white) and back to active (black) again. It is measured in milliseconds or (ms). Lower numbers mean faster transitions (eg. 16 ms is faster than 25 ms.) and therefore less visible image artifacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom