memory worth the $$?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion_AurA

Baseband Member
Ok, so right now my main game is bf2 and as everyone knows it eats ur system. However, my system is decent and has scored 7400 on 3dmark05. It is:

Athlon 64 3500+
eVGA SLI mobo
eVGA 7800GT OC to 471/1103
1GB DDR 333
120GB Hitachi 7200rpm
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Now, my dilema is this. Is 160$ worth it to go from 1gb of 333 to 2gb of 400. Im able to run bf2 at 1280x1024 with everything on high except for lighting and textures (as they eat up ram) and I get about 40-50fps~ with dips below 30 when there is a lot of action on the screen. So, another prob is I desperatly need a joystick. So my options are: buy a joystick and save some money or go with ram and see if it kicks my fps up. So, which would u guys choose?

Since they eye can only see about 18-20fps, running a game at 70fps as opposed to 50fps shouldn't make too much of a difference in play. Adding the memory may make reduce the frequency of dips. From my experience, I can't tell much difference once you get past 1.5GB if you're running just one game. Upgrading the speed of your memory will help though. Your process probably spends most of its time waiting on memory since your memory only operates at 333. That's about a factor of 10 difference from your processor.

~Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom