Overclock AMD 64 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGELLIS

In Runtime
Right.... I have an AMD 64 3200+ Sckt 754 with an Asus K8V-SE Deluxe Mobo I have been able to up the FSB to around 210 on the awful Kingston valueRAM with no dividers... ive put dividers on RAM and ive been able to up it to around 225... but it then locks as it dont have enough power... im not willing to up the core V so i dont mind!

But as I overclock I get this problem with my onboard Soundcard that it will sometimes just cut out and not be seen by the OS and then it needs a restart to get it running again... but once its restarted it will scratch around when scrolling or playing any games that are demanding. And when i turn down the core to stock XP will not start and it needs a reinstall of windows... a friend said lock the PCI bus... theres no option to! Any help as to why this is would be appreciated

Full System Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Sckt 754 "Newcastle"
Asus K8V-SE Deluxe Motherboard
512MB Kingston ValueRAM DDR
nVidia Geforce FX5700 Ultra (Temporary should be a HIS ATi X800GTO)
x1 Western Digital Raptor SATA 73GB
x1 Seagate Retail 200GB PATA
x1 Maxtor DiamondMax8 80GB PATA
Magna 500W ATX PSU

Hmm yeh.. but I think the whole sound system would run off the PCI Bus system anyway? I;m not sure on that one!!!

no, it will run off the southbridge, not the actual PCI bus. locking the PCI bus only affects the bus, not everything on thge southbridge.

it obviously cannot cope with the higher system bus. is there anyway to put a divider on it like with the RAM?

i expect it would come under 'other devices' or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Northsouthbridge.png

I had te same problem, I was able to get my Athlon 3000 at like 2.9GHzish but then zonealarm would crash on me. I think that was becuase of the value ram running @ like 225 that was causing that problem. Try increasing the core voltage or the memory voltage a bit and see if that helps.

Hmm, yeh I can push it without core voltage increase to around 230 FSB so thats around 2.5 GHz with a 11x Multiplier. But even if I have a divider on the RAM it still wont go... but as I said im reluctant to push up the core incase of temp problems... which I can do without!! I'm just stumped about the sound!

Thread Revival!

Hello again, Reviving a thread that I started along time ago!

The sound problem has gone away as i now have a External Live! card. Although, im unsure as to whether im hitting a roof with this processor. I have been running her at over 1.7v and the very max i can hit is 235HTT x11 2585MHz, I have a 5:3 (DDR333) Div on the RAM and no more voltage on the core works.

My question is, if i upped the voltage on the RAM, would i be able to push the HTT higher without dividers, or not. Or am I hitting the ceiling with her. The temps while superpi is underway are only 46 degrees on air even at 1.7v

Thanks in advance

Ruan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom