windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
my graphics class has dell optiplex's with 1 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, and they are alright, but i think that XP shouldnt be used without at least 512 MB ram

Warez Monster said:
Because you dont know what the **** you are doing thats why...

owned.jpg

talldude123 said:
edit:

this is what i want:
an operating system that has similar look to XP, but uses way less memory

i imagine there are skins for windows 2000, that make it look like XP, with the blue start bar, etc..

skins use memory

talldude123 said:
my graphics class has dell optiplex's with 1 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, and they are alright, but i think that XP shouldnt be used without at least 512 MB ram

I've seen back in 2002 that stores where selling machines with 128mb ram with windows xp, and the computer I have now originally only had 256mb ram and it ran ok with xp.

yes, i dont understand why they had emachines on the shelves, with 128 MB RAM.

they must have disabled features, or had SP1

Warez Monster said:
Because you dont know what the **** you are doing thats why...

agreed dude

Originally posted by ikillyou61
XP is so gay you are doing the right thing dude I wish I had the money to downgrade to windows 2000 pro but I just bought windows xp for $200.00 and now I can't afford anything!!!

Windows xp has lots of errors cause I went through 5 computers cause xp really messed them up!!!

I put windows 98 on them and sold them cause windows xp wouldn't work anymore!!!

mikee said:
I've seen back in 2002 that stores where selling machines with 128mb ram with windows xp, and the computer I have now originally only had 256mb ram and it ran ok with xp.

they run ok until you added a antivirus, firewall and spyware, which is required. then when you add program it become a hassle

Well new programs will slow down, but if you use antivirus like avg that uses very little memory it would be sort of alright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom