Windows automatically loggin me in as admin!! not even asking for user/pass!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I came home a couple of days ago and turned on my laptop...and I was surprised to see that everythign i had on my desktop was gone...At first, I thought someone formated or installed os again or something...but then, when i opened the start menu, it said Administrator... so I logged of then logged in as my username...
I thought that happened by mistake...but now, everytime i turn on the laptop, it automatically loggs in as admin...I cant seem to change that!!I dont know why this is happenening....

I only have 1 user account on it (which is mine)...

Any help is appreciated...

Thanx

Try setting an administrator password, if you have not already done so. (Start > Run> "compmgmt.msc" > Users > Right click "Administrator" and hit set password.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply...

I already tried doing that yesterday...didnt work..I also tried changing the password to something else...still didnt work...

Any other suggestions?

PS: The first time, i tried changing that from there but it gave me that msg that some information might be lost when changing the password or something like that....so i went to control panel and changed it from there (users)

In the User account menu, you want to 'change the way users log on'. Uncheck ' Use welcome screen' and 'Fast user switching'. Once complete, reboot and let me know what happens.

Have you tried Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Change the way users log on and off?

Maybe the options in there got changed so that it logs into the Admin account instead of the User accounts. But since there is only you as a user shouldnt yoru account be that Admin? Id it booting into Safe Mode by any chace?

Thanx for your replies...

I unchecked Use the Welcome Screen as soon as I found out about this problem...I thought it would solve it but it didnt...Now, I went to check if it is still unchecked and it was...(Fast user switching is disabled too because Offline Files is enabled...)

Any other suggestions?

SHAWN said:
Didn't I just suggest that?

Sorry must not have refreshed to see your post when i wrote mine.:confused:

Well since you dont have any of the options enabled then i can only think that either 1 you have a virus.malware.spyware problem. 2 the system is booting into safe mode.

Im not sure if theres a virus or not...I uninstalled my AV a while ago but I doubt there is a virus... Can a virus do that? I recently

And im sure its not booting into safe mode...

Shouldnt there be an option or something to let users select startup users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom