Whats the best mother board that supports agp and pci-E...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picard

Solid State Member
I just wanted to know if there is a mother board out there that is actually very good and supports agp AND pci-e. Or is it just way more worth it to get one that only supports pci-e?

The reason i ask is because i have a 3d card laying around, radeon 9800 pro. And i could use this for a while to just save some money because its good enough to do what i want, but later i want to upgrade to the good stuff ... witch is why i need pci express ...

Should i just go all out now and buy the mother board pci-e only or is there a good one that supports both ?

thanks for any help .

Thanks for the link. Looks good ...

but is it worth it to buy that and later on buy one of the great pci express cards ?

Or should i just buy a better pci express only mother boards and get some expensive *** 3d card with it that will be able to go into it ...

see thats the part im trying to save money on ... why buy the best pci express card for like 500 dollars when one i have right now is good enough to use ...

the thing is, i really wanna be able to upgrade good later ...

so should i buy that? or be better off with another mother board...

If so, what other mother board you recommend ?

And yes there is a picard on here. :)

Also one more question because id rather keep it in one post ...

I think i need a new power supply because my friend told me if your geting a new 3d card your gonna need a good one ...

Mine is 450wats or somthing like that ...

i plan on haveing a radeon 9800 pro in here obviously for now ... is this good enough? and for the higher 3d cards, what kinda power supply should i get ?

thanks again.

A 450 watts is pretty solid, should support a 7800GT and lower.

But may I ask, why do you want an AGP and PCI-e compatible board? AGP is being phased out.

Because i have a radeon 9800 pro just siting here witch is agp ... its enough to do what i want for now, and when i need to upgrade i will buy a pci e card possibly a bit cheaper too :)

but right now this card is good enough so why dont i save my money?

Or what you could do is find a PCI-E mobo that has onboard video and just use the onboard until u can afford the a kickass PCI-E gfx card.

Umm I think that the his 9800pro would beat any on-board video.The best On-board video out is the 6100 or the 6150 which is nvidia and is all right.I guess that is a solution but most mobo with on-board video arent great overclockers,but if doesnt OC thats not a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom