Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Difolo

In Runtime
I think my system is running a bit warm, it idles at around 44 and can get up to 50 or a bit more. I am currently using the Big Typhoon fan for my CPU cooler but on my Aibooster it only says my fan is running at around 980 RPM, is there anyway to boost this in hopes of cooling down the system? My processor is the AMD 4800.

I am guessing that the temps are in *C. Those temps are really TOO bad... Only you start getting up around 60*C, then its time to worry.

What type of case do you use, and how many fans? This can be a big part of the cooling issue. You have to try to keep the amount of airflow into the case equal to the exhaust airflow.... Too much in one direction, and you will start to see an issue.

Well the case in itself only has 2 fans, 1 of which I disabled because there is less than half an inch airflow between it and my cpu fan. I might just take that fan off all together, maybe tht will allow more air in from the side. But I have 2 fans in my PSU, 1 on the back 1 on the side(disabled) and 1 on the CPU.

What make/model of case is it??

I would assume that 1 fan on the PSU is intake INTO the PSU, and the other is exhaust OUT of the PSU.... That would be a little bit of exhaust from the case, but not too much. The other fan on the back is also likely an exhaust fan....

Doesn't sound good... you have a total of TWO fans blowing Exhaust air OUT of the case, but NOTHING to suck air INTO the case. You should hook that intake fan back up.

Ya it is an intake fan but because of the size of the big typhoon there is less than half an inch airflow between the two, isnt that conflicting air flow? Which is bad?

You shouldn't have intake fans on the back of your system. They should be in the front of the case and the exhaust fans and CPU fans should blow out the back of the case.

I am not familiar with the Heat Sink & Fan you have... Does the fan blow TOWARDS or AWAY from the CPU?

Who makes the case (tower) you are using?
How big is the Case.... Mid tower? Full tower? smaller?
Can you take a pic of the inside of the case to show where the tight space is between the fans?
How do you feel about cutting the case to add a fan?

I wouldnt be worried about 44C at all. Im lucky if I can get down to 48, but I do have a hot x64 Intel. Big Typhoon is a good heatsink so I wouldnt think about changing that. Your best bet is to just have 1 or 2 fans blowing the air out from the back, and 1 intake fan at the front of your case.

It might help a little if we could see a picture to see what kind of room youre working with.

If your case is similar to the one you linked, there SHOULD be a fan located in the lower front portion of the case. It says there are 3 places for 120mm fans.

First thing I thought of was a slim fan, but I couldn't find any 120 mm fans that are 15mm thick... smallest was 25mm.

Another idea, is you could put the intake fan back on the side, and have the fan chassis on the OUTSIDE of the case. Depends on how much you value the asthetic's of your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom