Is my 3dmark score too low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
Ok i just ran 3dmark 03, and my score was 1124. Isn't knid of low for what i have in my rig. See my sig below. One thing though is that my asus 6600 is running in a agp4x slot instead or an 8x slot. Is this affecting performance? My card seems kind of weak. I lag in cs source with it. Shouldn't i be able to max out cs course wiht my vid card? So can some one tell me if thats just how the videocard is or is running the videocard in the 4x slot affecting its performance?

Try switching it from 4x to 8x in the bios. No you definetly can not max out CS source with your system. With a semperon 512mb of pc2700 ram and 6600 you wont be getting very far.

no my motherboard has only an agp 2x by 4x slot. So basically the 6600 is a crapy card then? I thought i was buying a card so that i could play the new games. Is this true?

NO the 6600 is like the honda of Video Cards.. It's decent and will run but it's no 7800GTX(Enzo) or the best bang for your buck, like the 6800GS(corvette)

i like what you compared it too.. i own me a corvette :) , the car of my dreams... although i would say the x1900xt is my corvette ... well maybe the 7800 gtx.. i don't much like ati... no reason, and i don't mean to be a fanboy...

Well Kinda but I was saying that the GTX is like 500 while the 6800 is about 190 so it's like 60% cheaper but still gives great results like the vette for 50k compared to the enzo at 700k

So will this videocard be able to handle battle field 2? I just bought it for christmas so i want to atleast make it useful and good until the summer when i build a totally new rig.

Yeah, after overclocking (6600s typically give great overclocking results) 1024X768 at medium,but you probablly wont be able to go any farther due to lack of enough memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom