Help retrieve files from slave HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveg48

Solid State Member
I just installed my old hard drive into an new computer. The OS is XP Home. Can someone give me step by step instructions how to import my old email and addresses from the slave to the new Outlook Express. I can find my documents and pictures etc. OK it is the stuff in OE that is giving me the problems.
Thanks

use export to file as DOS separated values option. do this for each item like inbox, outbox, calendar. tranfer the exported files to the other computer and import them.

Or you can find out where exactly your mail is being stored of you old HD, if it is, I do not know what OE does, does it store your email on the hard disk, or is it stored on an exchange server on the internet, like hotmail and such services?

If it is locally saved on ur HD, then boot to the slave disk, and look in OE and see where the mail is being saved to, a little looking, and you will find where it is saved to, then from that disk, or form the old one, you can copy and move files, as you did your documents and pictures, etc.

Hope this helps,

Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom