trying to install WIN XP on new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

archmotel

Solid State Member
I have been having the worst time ever trying to build a new computer. So far ive went thru a bad MOBO, bad PSU, and now cant get the OS to load. I have:

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
ATHLON XP 2800+ (333 FSB)
512 MB Kingston 2700 DDR
120 GB HD 7200
80 GB HD 7200
ATI 9600 XT 128 MB
Enermax PSU 420W

I had:
POWMAX 400W PSU
SOYO kt400 Dragon Platinum Edition

I had a problem with the ACPI compliancy issue (i figured out how to get past this one myself :mad: )

Now I am getting a message during the install of XP:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

And I have no idea what to do, NE advice would help please.
I think i need to update the bios, but i have no idea how to do that. Ne help would be apreciated please!!!! :D

To update the BIOS, you'll have to goto the manufactorer's site and download the latest BIOS flash. This sounds like a problem with the CD of the hard drive. I know that Microsoft had a problem a while back with this error wen shutting down a PC or booting. But, I believe that was fixed a while ago....hmmmm. To rule out a problem with the CD, have you tried another XP install CD?

-Mike

Try These Options

You have two HD's correct??

Is the other one installed and does it have an OS successfully installed on it?? If so, I would remove the HD without the OS on it, te one ou are having the problem, and take out both memory sticks, and install one back in, making sure in it in the correct way. Then boot the PC all the way up, and shut it down again, then power off, and install the other sitck of RAM, and boot up and shut down again, remove the working HD, and install the one you are having problems with, and try installing the OS, WIN XP on it again.

If it still doesn't work, remove one stick of RAM, if you have two, and try again, if this and the update to the bios does not work, then it sounds like the WIN XP cd is bad and has some corrupt files on it.

Your last resort here needs to be changing the cd and if the problems presists, it is most likely the HD or the motherboard.

I doubt it is the mobo, but you never know with these machines we are obsessed with, it could be anything.

NEways, this is what I suggests you do, hope one of these helps you, let us know,

Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom