HAPPY B-DAY TOOOO ME...har

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudikusMaximus

Solid State Member
I was soo happy today that I almost passed out from sheer excitement...see, my granddad is rich, and he decided to buy mea birthday present this year (even though he's a week late) what he bought me is this oooohhhh soo beautiful machine

here's the specs...

Motherboard - ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Gpu - 2x ASUS GeForce 7800GTX
Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Cpu - AMD Athlon FX-60 OCed to 3.1GHz
Ram - 4Gb Corsair 3200XL Pro
Storage - 4x Western Digital Raptor 150GB (RAID 0)
Optical Storage - 2x Lite-On SOHW-1633S
Cooling Solution - Asetek VapoChill Extreme Edition XE II
Power Supply - Seasonic S12 600W

Im so happy I keep waiting to wake up

Nice motherboard. Nice hard drives. But one thing, return the 7800GTX's right away, and get a very cheap video card to hold you over. The G71 is right around the corner, and the G80 is also susposed to come out this year. ATI is also susposed to be releasing something around the time of the G80 as well. You'll kick yourself later if you keep those GTX's. Also, 4GB of ram is actually going to be slower than 2GB. So I'd return half of it. Corsair isn't as good as they used to be, you might want to consider G.Skill or OCZ. Also, with a crazy PC like that, PCP&C would have been a better choice for the PSU.

003 said:
Nice motherboard. Nice hard drives. But one thing, return the 7800GTX's right away, and get a very cheap video card to hold you over. The G71 is right around the corner, and the G80 is also susposed to come out this year. ATI is also susposed to be releasing something around the time of the G80 as well. You'll kick yourself later if you keep those GTX's. Also, 4GB of ram is actually going to be slower than 2GB. So I'd return half of it. Corsair isn't as good as they used to be, you might want to consider G.Skill or OCZ. Also, with a crazy PC like that, PCP&C would have been a better choice for the PSU.

It was gift....I don't think he can return it, it's rude to go to someone who just spend a fortune for you and say "well, you see, theres these new things....."

I agree, take out half of that RAM.

Put your hard drives in RAID 5 or RAID 0+1. Performs just as good as 0, but has the mirroring aspect, so your data is safer if a drive fails.

well, i already stripped it down and have reconfigured some things, such as...Ive taken out 2gb of ram and put it in a different compy...that is all, and its my granddad, he doesnt exactly know a lot about pc's, the only reason he was able to build it in the first place is because he found a rather large list of parts that i was wanting for different systems...the vapochill has been on my wishlist since it came out. and also, he spent around $6000 for it....im not going to complain

edit: oh yeah...thanks Vybuni, I totally forgot about that

jeez, i wish my grandparents spent $6000 on me...lol i usually get $50 check for my b-day from them. Nice comp. Good choice on taking out the RAM - mem controllers simply cant take advantage of that much yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom