Socket 478 PCI-E mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gene4228

Solid State Member
I'm looking at getting a 7800gt, but I don't have the mobo to support it. I don't want to buy a whole new rig, I just want a socket 478 motherboard that has a pci-e slot. I've checked newegg and tigerdirect with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Don't quote me on this, but I'm not sure if any of the chipsets that support Socket 478 will let you use pci-e x16.

I think the only 478 mobos with PCIe are micro and flex ATX, so I think your SOL, you could wait and save up for a new AMD cpu and mobo (don't go with intel), or grab the 7800GS for AGP (which I'm assuming you have AGP on your motherboard).

Yeah, after posting this I found the 7800GS, but it's 400 bucks. You can pretty much get the same thing for 100 bucks cheaper. but I guess it's better than having to buy a mobo, prcoessor, and the card. Thanks anyway

EDIT: Do you have a link to any of those microatx mobos?

OK, I've found out that this mobo ( Albatron PX915P4C Pro ) can do everything I want for a very good price. It's the only S478 mobo that has any pci-e slots at all, but I'm having problems trying to find a place to buy it. :beard: I've checked newegg, tigerdirect, and looked all over google. I've found one place, http://www.itwebexperts.com/computer/product_info.php?products_id=39. but I don't trust it. Can you guys please help me find a place to buy this exact mobo or see if that site is secure? thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom