need help fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethereal_Dragon said:
and 128Mb ram? that MIGHT be enough to boot windows... and use the calculator, or play solitare.

hahaha, that cracked me up.. but yeah, go with the free one, you never know.. it could be a pretty good computer.

good news i got the pc from my nan it has 256 ram but i don't quite know about the gig soon i will find out

ok need some more help how do i find the gig out without opening it up i am thinking about opening it up any way to clean it and add some new gear so how do i find out the gig ?

sales1 said:
ok need some more help how do i find the gig out without opening it up i am thinking about opening it up any way to clean it and add some new gear so how do i find out the gig ?

"The gig"? i take it your talking about processor speed? the easiest way for you to check this is by right clicking on the my computer icon on your desktop and then it will tell you on there.

Also 256ram isnt really much so id upgrade that first to at least 512, that will speed you up somewhat.

ok that is good but the computer doesn't have a good graphics card so i need a new graphics card and sound card some other parts

gig means gb and the processer is a intel celron so i am not sure how fast it but a freind has the same processor and it runs all his games fine so i am sticking wth that and it also costs about 144 quid to upgrade the processor and i am not spending that on one compenet

would a geforce 5 ghraphics card be any good because they are lot to buy new and my friend is getting a new one and he said that i could have his old one if i wanted it would it be worth have or buy a new one

sales1 said:
gig means gb and the processer is a intel celron so i am not sure how fast it but a freind has the same processor and it runs all his games fine so i am sticking wth that and it also costs about 144 quid to upgrade the processor and i am not spending that on one compenet

What do you mean your not sure how fast it is? i just told you in my other post how to find out the speed, it takes 5seconds, right click my computer icon, go to properties and then it will tell you most things in that box.

thanks mate i will check that out now and post a bit later the results do you know about the graphics card at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom