3800+ and 3700+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't intend to OC for longevity reasons. So I won't be seeing like a 5-10 fps difference at stock speeds here or something? Is there some circumstance where the 512k in the cache will outweight the 200mhz on the core?

I was actually buying a whole computer and I needed one quickly for numerous reasons, so instead of ordering parts off of newegg or a computer from iBuyPower I was at a local retailer. The computer I got has an extra 50 GBs in addition anyway.

But is the performance difference big enough to warrant the difficulties of selling my processor and buying a 3700+ in leu?

EDIT: Hm, looking back over the replies there seem to be some pretty conflicting opinions.... I didn't notice the fellow saying the performance difference is somewhat big. I'm a bit confused... which is it?

EDIT2:Grammar.

The performance is virutally the same. It's almost like a trade off...

It's like AMD saying, "Do you want the increased clock speeds, or do you want the extra 512mb of L2 cache?"

The performance is really close and if you bought the 3800, then enjoy your high-end single-core processor.

Ryan

Nah, the performance isn't that huge of a jump, but it can make some differences in FPS in some games I'd imagine, even then not a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom