a weird 7800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would steer away from XFX. While some people claim XFX is fine, others claim they are a tool of the anti-Christ. Why NOT go with eVGA? They are the clear leader when it comes to nVidia cards. There's no other choice. Spend the extra 10 bucks if it's even that much.

Ryan

Ya know what, don't upgrade. Overclock you 6800GT, it will cost you nothing. Maybe a few dollars for cooling but vs like 350-400. You can get close to the speeds of a 7800GT.

I have a 7800GT, and I made the mistake of not getting the eVGA version and it doesn't overclock worth crap, but its still a very decent card, and it will play all current games at a resolution of at least 1280x1024. If you don't play on anything higher than 1024x768, you aren't going to notice much of a change between 6800GT and 7800GT except in games like F.E.A.R. I would save my money and wait for the G80 series this summer, which will be a considerable upgrade for 6800 users and even 7800 users. 6800GT is more than enough to get you that far.

I got a 7800 GS by XFX and it doesn't work at all how its supposed to ... uninstalled drivers reinstalled new ones, only get a fps of 4 in 3dmark06, upgraded psu 500watt etc etc...

XFX sucks arse - stay away - sorry to you guys who have been lucky, and like XFX, but I say risk your $400 - you will regret it with this make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom