6800GS Vs. X850XT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, i asked what the best card in the 150-225 range would be yesterday, and was told the 6800GS would be my best bet. But i was looking and found a card that number wise looks better, but i wanted everyone's opinion on the subject before we go buying something that is gonna suck.

A:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16814150118

B:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16814102505

So what card would be better out of the box, not overclocked, stock cooling?
My point made, this way here the GT is better. Im sorry but i would rather have 16 pipes then taking a risk OCing like "mad". Even though i do it on my GT i still would rather have more pipes than clock speed. Also i run COD2 and FEAR fine maxed out.

The 6800GS can own the 6800U when overclocked. The 6800U is about the same as the X850XT PE. So basically, 6800GS>All ATI generation 1 and 2 video cards.

Oh and it beats the X1300 and X1600 series cards too. The X1600XT has higher clocks, but suffers from less ROP's and other video card processing type things.

so basically, everyone is feeling the 6800 GS/GT overall, even if the x800 may have it beat in the benchmarks? because of the drivers? whats so bad about the drivers?

The drivers suck *** and he was asking about out of the box STOCk. STOCK STOCK STOCK STOCK.... How many times do i have to say it, he dosent want the **** thing OCed!!

My point made, this way here the GT is better. Im sorry but i would rather have 16 pipes then taking a risk OCing like "mad". Even though i do it on my GT i still would rather have more pipes than clock speed. Also i run COD2 and FEAR fine maxed out.
Sorry mate but someone with experience with both a GT and GS I will undisputably suggest that the GS is the better card and there is no "risk" in overclocking it...I am running this sucker 530/1260 and it dominated my previous GT running at 430/1150, and this is comparing stock cooling to something under water, no doubt the GS can go further but I just haven't had the chance to test it

Obviously if you're looking at real world performance there would be no noticable difference, but the better card is the GS regardless of pixel pipelines...if anything ATI r520 and r580 GPUs have demonstrated this time and time again

Both the 6800GS and x800GTO2 as mentioned here already are good cards for the price...it would really IMO come down to which one is cheaper and how much work you wanna do, the GTO2 would have to either go through a bios flash or the longer but slightly safer process of manually unlocking and overclocking...whereas the GS is all about just bumping up clock speeds...if you're comparing stock speeds though the GS is the better card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom