XFX 6800GS Pipes Unlocked!!!! Hurray!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do i do now??? iam to where i should unlock pipes, what ones?
444.jpg

I AM_not - what video card do you actually have? In the HW masked section i had bit 02 masked and bit 10 masked (i think) and i just checked each one to "unmask" them. Gotta know what kind of video card and the company that makes it, if i have any chance to help you out further.......

If the pipes are unlocked and are broken, they can be re-locked, right?

Also, a unlocked AGP 6800GS = PCI-E 6800GT right there :) And then theres that **** good overclocking, so even a unlocked AGP 6800GS could beat a PCI-E 6800GT.

I am not2 - I'm confused, not sure what to say.......Can you unlock anything as of now or is it not giving you the option?

Flanker - yes, if the pipes are broken you can lock them again. With regards to AGP vs. PCI-E , the PCI-E version has higher clock and memory speeds compared to the AGP version but with unlocking the pipes and OC i'm sure you can get a 6800GS to 6800GT speeds.

P.P. Mguire said:
You cant unlock a 6800GS. I thought that had already been proven.

Man, you need to get off that phone. I said AGP 6800GS, and I thought that it had already been proven that the AGP 6800GS unlocks (after all, thats what this thread is all about, isn't it?)

MADWAD said:
Flanker - yes, if the pipes are broken you can lock them again. With regards to AGP vs. PCI-E , the PCI-E version has higher clock and memory speeds compared to the AGP version but with unlocking the pipes and OC i'm sure you can get a 6800GS to 6800GT speeds.

I mean AGP 6800GS vs PCI-E 6800GT.

AGP 6800GS (unlocked) = 350MHz Core Speed + 16 pipes.
PCI-E 6800GT = 350MHz Core Speed + 16 pipes.

Exactly the same.

Now the 6800GS has awesome overclocking potential, so a AGP 6800GS, that has been unlocked and overclocked, will be better than a PCI-E 6800GT or maybe even rival the PCI-E 6800GS (which only has 12 pipes).

LONG LIVE AGP!!!

Im not on the phone tonight. Where did they say you can unlock the AGP 6800GS? All ive seen is you CANT unlock the 6800GS whether it was PCI-E or AGP. Also, a 6800GS unlocked and OCed will not beat the 6800GT. If they are both on AGP the GT will whoop it badly. It will take unlocking THEN OCing to catch up to the GT then you can just OC the GT then OC it even more if you want and the GS is left behind. Besides, the 6800GS is dead now cause the 7800GS is out. You should be worried about unlocking a 7800GS instead.

P.P. Mguire said:
Im not on the phone tonight. Where did they say you can unlock the AGP 6800GS? All ive seen is you CANT unlock the 6800GS whether it was PCI-E or AGP. Also, a 6800GS unlocked and OCed will not beat the 6800GT. If they are both on AGP the GT will whoop it badly. It will take unlocking THEN OCing to catch up to the GT then you can just OC the GT then OC it even more if you want and the GS is left behind. Besides, the 6800GS is dead now cause the 7800GS is out. You should be worried about unlocking a 7800GS instead.

Dude, you're not making any sense. Stop contradicting yourself.

Now tell me, whats this thread about? Can't say? Lemme tell you. ITS ABOUT A AGP 6800GS THAT WAS UNLOCKED...

And how will the GT whoop a unlocked GS badly when they're both the same clockspeed and they have the same # of pipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom