display stuck in 640x480

Status
Not open for further replies.

epgarrahy

Beta member
Hey all, I'm new here, but I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having. I've got a new Dell Dimension 3000 that came with WinXP, but I partitioned the drive and config'd it for dual boot to run win98se as well. I had to run around and find a bunch of win98 drivers for the hardware, and got most of it working, but I can't get the display to do anything but 640 x 480. I seem to have the correct drivers, but.....

CPU: P4 2800
North Bridge: Intel Morgan Hill i865GV
South Bridge: Intel 82801EB ICH5
Video Adapter: Intel 82865G my understanding is that this is a PCI vid card
(info confirmed by Everest.)
My device manager shows some problems with other hardware (network card, usb controller, etc) but they don't seem related to this problem.

Anybody have any ideas?

That's what I thought, but I'm pretty certain that I have the correct driver for the graphics adapter. I've tried changing some of the other drivers that installed okay, but no luck there, either.

???

Yeah, they were of no help, but I found the chipset and graphics drivers in other places, but it didn't fix the problem. I'm thinking that it might be another piece of hardware that is doing it...?

I just tried driverguide, but their site is currently down. I will check back later and try other drivers for my hardware.

Thanks

try getting or borrowing a new graphics card with a CD to install drivers for windows 98se, I had a graphics card doing almost the same with screen that would continuly change screen sizes and I bought a nVidia geforce fx5500 and it stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom