mobo problems! please help me find a new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaManRingo

Solid State Member
Hey....my computer has some strange problems....It randomly shuts down, sometimes 2 secs after i turn it on sometimes 20 mins....and sometimes it stays on for hours. Thats about the only problem...and it has gotten alot worse here recently! My specs are...
antec truepower II 550w PSU
eVGA SLI mobo (this is my problem i think)
eVGA 7800gt 256mb gpu
1 gig patriot memory
seagate SATA hdd..
amd 3700+ san diego core..

The motherboard i have came for free with my gpu...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188002 Thats my motherboard....But, i was wondering if that is the problem, what is a good upgrade that isnt 2 expensive....I was also wondering if the mobo causing the system to crash could be harming my other parts. We are lookin for a good mobo to go with what we got, SLI isnt 2 important...Please help!

i turned off auto restart but i dont know if it helped any or not lol....Since it started doing this recently do you think it could be a bad mobo/psu/cmos?? I thought it was CMOS at first bc my clock was wrong a few times.. But, people said it seemed like it was the PSU...but, i have the same PSU as u macom, antec TP-II (550w) and i have never heard of a bad antec PSU....I could replace the PSU and see if thats it, but, i dont have another PCI-E / AMD mobo to put in and see if it works..../sigh....this sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom