Heres my specs

Pentium 4 Northwood 2. 00 Ghz
Intel D845EPT2 Mobo
nVidia GeForce 6200
Antec SmartPawer II 450 W
80 Gb boot drive
180 Gb second drive
Windows XP Home

Mainly used for Video Editing, im wondering what i should upgrade, or if i should buy a new computer. Its a Dell with power supply and video card upgrade. Bought in 2002 about $1200

Pinnacle Studio 8 and Studio Plus 10.

hey country boy. welcome to Tech Forums.

How much are you wanting to spend? Are you wanting a few simple upgrades, or a drastic makeover? Perhaps a new build by scrapping some old parts? Let me know so I have more of a bullseye to aim at.

Ryan

No offense turtile, but not everyone has the cash to dish out and buy a $300 CPU, let alone the other components that need to go along with it.

drastic makeover

i think its time for a drastic makeover, this computer is pretty old, but i want to keep the power supply and video card. So any suggestions would be helpful!

AMD Athlon 64 3700+
2x512mb Corsair Value Select
DFI Lanparty UT nf4
eVGA 6800GS
Seagate Barracuda SATA II 250GB
Thermaltake Soprano

Country Boy 13 said:
Heres my specs

Pentium 4 Northwood 2. 00 Ghz
Intel D845EPT2 Mobo
nVidia GeForce 6200
Antec SmartPawer II 450 W
80 Gb boot drive
180 Gb second drive
Windows XP Home

Mainly used for Video Editing, im wondering what i should upgrade, or if i should buy a new computer. Its a Dell with power supply and video card upgrade. Bought in 2002 about $1200

Pinnacle Studio 8 and Studio Plus 10.

Yeah, that video card is pretty outdated at this point...I would go with the setup Ridlyn gave to you. It's a good suggestion. If I had a little more money, I would have gone for the 3700...

ATI is working on a new codec that will allow the Graphics card to encode video. The beta is available but doesn't work very good.

The X1800xt is said to be 4-5x faster than a AMD 4800+

Since that isn't out yet (working right), you should invest the most money into the CPU and later upgrade the card if ATI releases AVIVO.

Right now, I would choose a lowend card like the 7300GS or lower.

The 3800+ is the best value as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom