is 2GB RAM necessary? benchmarks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been discussed before, with better images for the bench test as it had a line graph. If a game needs more than 1gb than it has to use the hdd, which leads to stutters, which mean its un-plyable. I have never looked back at getting 1.5gb's of ram as it offers continuously smooth frame rate.

d*amn get off my nuts guys, just thought people might like to know x-bit labs finally did a benchmark on that.

and i know THAT thread is active, because i posted in it.:rolleyes:

THIS thread is different from THAT thread. I never said 2gb of ram was unnecessary, just posted the link.....

i found it interesting because many people that have no interest in playing high-end games still want to get 2GB RAM, i thought this might help their decision.....sheesh...

They do that because they think that having huge amounts of memory will make their PC fast, when it doesn't until you go onto the extra amount of ram.

No offence was intended, just telling you about it. :p

molsen said:
d*amn get off my nuts guys, just thought people might like to know x-bit labs finally did a benchmark on that.

TGH did a benchmark on that ages before...

hey man, if you don't want to read it, that's fine. no need to act nasty about it.

just trying to pass along some information which contains different info. than what has previously been presented...

I'm aware that this topic has been benchmarked before, but the information presented is not the same so it's worthy of some people's time. If you want to read one website's benchmarks and no others, that's okay.

The bottom line is this:

1G is more then enough for a TESTBED PC.
2G is absolutely needed for a gaming or highend PC.

TESTBED PC's have what installed?
OS, Drivers, Benchmark tools and Games? That doesn't leave much running the background.

If you have a PC like mine that you are currently using for absolutely everything, i've got at least (80+) processes running at any given time. 30 to 40% of my system resources are being used just at desktop.

Then imagine when I fire up BF2 or FEAR...

2GiG's is needed....

Ah....that makes a difference too. If you have all these super desktop enhancements, of course you are going to need a lot of memory. I try to keep my processes at a minimum, so I've been doing okay with only 1GB of RAM, although I really have considered 2GB. I just haven't been gaming enough since this semester started to warrant the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom