Help would be appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartimien

Beta member
I am building a gaming computer soon and I have compiled a list of hardware that I think is favorable. (I encourage criticism) I had just about everything chosen until I ran into a problem. I know absolutely nothing about what motherboard i need >.<. So my questions, i guess, are:
1. Are the parts I have chosen good for a computer with a budget of roughly $1600? and
2. If so what motherboard should I use for the greatest performance?
Case: X1-Raidmax gaming case (with 450 watt power supply)
Video card: Geforce 7800 256 mb
CPU: AMD 64 FX57
Memory: 2GB DDR 400 ram
Hard drive: Western Digital 120GB and...
random namebrand DVDRW and Floppy Drives
Everything like speakers/mouse/keyboard will be pulled from my previous system.
Any comments would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hmm what brand is the 7800, and is it a GT or GTX
Get a new psu if you are using the one with the case
What kind of ram is your ram
Is your hdd sata or IDE
I would go with dual core because that is the future and the FX57 is just a waste of money when a cheap 200 dollar cpu overclocked can beat it.

If you want to OC you should look into the DFI UT NF4 ultra-D
If you really dont want to spend time learning your bios and reading the countles guides on how to OC you can do it the nice and simple was by buyin the MSI K8N NEO4-F which has less options in the bios and it would make things much simplier? lol.`

Pzerofgh is right, the FX-57 isn't worth the money, get a 4400+ dual core or an Opteron if your into overclcocking, and grab yourself a X1900XT or wait till the G71 but that might be 1-2 months away assuming everything goes right. Don't go with PSUs that come with cases, 450W is kind of low at this time. I would go with the 90 dollar Antec TruePower 2.0 550 Watts off newegg (make sure you get the 90 dollar version instead of the 100 dollar version like I did but it still works with my ATX mobo).

I would go with the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D motherboard.

Edit: Steelers suck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom