Comp is running slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalk4

In Runtime
I just reloaded XP recently on a new SATA HD and when I load up windows and all programs or new internet windows I notice that XP sorta lags up and takes about 2-3 secs to load instead of almost instantaneously like before.

My RAM is only running at 160 right now. I've set it to runat 200 in the BIOS but it doesn't respond. I used to be able to up my FSB(HTT) to 240 so that the ram would run at 200 but my BIOS version doesn't have that feature.

Does this sound like a pausible cause to this problem or could it be something else?

No nothing is overclocked right now. I just tried to set the RAM to it's proper speed but since the 754 for some reason only run the DDR Ram at 333 instead of 400. On my old BIOS and board(same board) I was able to raise the FSB and get my mem back up.

However with my current BIOS I can't raise the FSB or change the HTT multiplier or anything like that.

Do you know how I could raise the mem speed? I have a s754 board so the memory is automatically set to run at 333mhz instead of 400. The bios I have is 1009 for my Asus K8N board. I think on my old K8N board I had the 1006 BIOS but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom