Terminal Services in Win 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Where do I find Termal Services under Win 2k?

I am going back to Win 2000 todayy, but I need Terminal Serivices so i can log onto Works 2003 server.

Terminal Services doesn't exist on Win2K Pro. You have to install it from the 2k3 server. Goto Admin Tools and there should be a link to create a Terminal Services Client disk. Then just run the .exe that the Client Creator made and install it on the 2kPro machine.

-Mike

mikesgroovin said:
Terminal Services doesn't exist on Win2K Pro. You have to install it from the 2k3 server. Goto Admin Tools and there should be a link to create a Terminal Services Client disk. Then just run the .exe that the Client Creator made and install it on the 2kPro machine.

-Mike

Mikesgroovin is right. Terminal Services is only available on Windows 2k/2k3 servers. If you want to enable TS (Terminal Services) on your server, you can to go Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components and check mark the Terminal Services and Terminal Services Licensing Components. You will have to reboot the server but once done, TS will be active and ready to go. Once this is done, you will see the Terminal Services in Admin. Tools. Create the TS Client Install Disks (2 Floppy Disks).

Just a quick note when using a server that has TS installed, if you want to install an application/program on the server you have to go through the Add/Remove Programs applet on the Control Panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom