Have around $115 to upgrade, what to buy next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
royalk4 said:
But 512 of 3200 RAM now but make sure that it is something that you can upgrade to 1gb worth of later. Then save the rest because when it comes time to upgrade again you are probably going to want a new video card and AGP is becoming a thing of the past.
well i dont want a new videocard soon i just got this 6600 for christmas. and what do you mean buy only buying pc3200 ram now.?Thats the highest they make for AMD bases systems.

So i guess the main question I am asking here is this. Should I take this 115 dollars and buil on my sokcet A rig and finish it so i won't have to upgrade ti again? Or should i just leave it how it is now and take the 115 dollars to build on a socket939 rig. for example i could buy a s939 motherboard and ram for it? So which one should i do?

wait until end of spring/beginning of summer when the socket M2 comes out and the 939 will drop in price (CPUs and stuff) Until then, just save up some more $$

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL said:
hey newcement, this si kind of off topic but, in your sig i noticed you have an antec super lanboy. How did you get it for only $30? Is that in U.S dollars? It retails for like around $80.

Yeah, US Dollars. I got it during the Thanksgiving sales @ CompUSA. I saw a nice Antec case the other day at Fry's for like $30. Just watch the sales and you'll find a nice case for a good price. ;)

pc_boy said:
wait until end of spring/beginning of summer when the socket M2 comes out and the 939 will drop in price (CPUs and stuff) Until then, just save up some more $$

Well if the new m2's are coming out this summer why don't i just buy an M@ mobo and cpu and ram and etc. In the summer i am going to obe wokring so i can build a new system. I will save up all my money. So i guess i should just use this 115 for some ram and maybe a new mobo because mine sucks right now. Are you posotive the M2's will be out this summer?

Now that i agreed on sticking wiht this socket A until summer time what else should i buy besides ram? I was thinking a nw mobo because my mobo now cant overlcok for benas and it only has agp 4s for my 6600. I was looking at this mobo:

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA20622

and this is the mobo i have now:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813185036

the new mobo has everything i want, but is it worth the upgrade or should i just stick with my pc chips crap and buy a new case with that money since my case now is micro ATX? This si my last upgrading question, so after this i will be done.

bump. Just one last question. I already knwo that i am going to wait until the summer to buy my socket 939 rig so i just need to know if it would be worth it to upgrade to the msi mobo from the pc chips mobo. do you think that the mobo is good enoguh i mean the onyl thing i dont like about it is the agp 4x. everything else i can live wiht i mean overclocking is bad but i can live wiht and the bad chipset is ok for me. Should i get the msi mobo ro stick with my pc chips one? The mobo links are posted above. I need to know this because if i shoudl stick wiht the mobo i have now thejn i am going to buy this antec superlanboy case and ram.

I would suggest just saving your money for the Socket 939 rig. You should wait for 1-3 months after the new AMD socket is released to get the Socket 939, cause there will likely be a sharp decline in the price of Socket 939 hardware.

So far, I haven't seen any comments on WHY you want to upgrade... OK, you don't like AGP 4x, and you can't overclock.... that hardly sounds like a reason to upgrade though...

Do you play games with this rig?
- looking for faster frame rates?
- higher resolutions?

You get the point.... Try to give a better idea of WHAT you're trying to accomplish, or what your computer is DOING that you don't like.

well i guess this rig is temporary because when the summer comes i am going to buy a socket 939 rig, but for now i just want to upgrade thsi one to be a litlle faster because i want to play games and i lag in cs source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom