Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right ..they had antivirus in Sp2 but it never worked so if they Put Antivirus in Vista then they got no chance of anyone buying it ..i dont trust bill gates so i wont trust his antivirus so from what i am hearing XP is a lot better and a lot more customizable and ive herd with vista you are being watched all the time on what you do on vista with is going pasted privacy rights Bill gates wants to release vista for free .or even Linux make a XP or Vista Based os for us to use and then dont bother with bill gates

ATI updates Catalyst for Windows Vista

Catalyst Beta Driver for Windows Vista Build 5270

ATI Usability Feedback: This is your opportunity to provide us with feedback that will help improve software and driver usability

ATI is one of the first graphic providers to make a 64-bit driver that supports the Longhorn Display Driver Model (LDDM) – the Microsoft Vista revolutionary graphic driver standard – as well as the first to provide LDDM drivers for integrated graphics processors. By making LDDM drivers available more than a full year prior to Windows Vista release, ATI provides developers with a stable, feature-enabled and performance-optimized platform for application development. ATI is also the first to provide Catalyst® Windows Vista driver feedback via our Catalyst® Crew Feedback program.

Instructions:
For detailed instructions on how to install this driver, please visit – “How to install Catalyst beta driver for Windows Vista build 5270”
Product series supported:
Radeon® 9500, 9550, 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
Radeon® X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900 series
FireGL™ X1, X2, X3, Z1, T2, V3100, V3200, V5000, V5100, V7100
FireMV™ 2200
Mobility™ Radeon® 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X700, X800
Mobility™ Radeon® X1300, X1400, X1600, X1800
Mobility™ FireGL™ V3100, V3200, V5000, V5100
Radeon® Xpress 200, 200M
Notes:
As this is a beta driver, and provided AS IS, please visit the “Catalyst® Crew Feedback ” form to report any issues with the installation or usage of the driver
ATI does NOT recommend installing these drivers in systems used for mission critical operations or where productivity of any kind is a concern
These drivers are not supported by ATI Customer Care or any other ATI department. All feedback should be reported via the Catalyst Crew Feedback program

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=19933

Well M$ will NOT get away with allowing only the Windows Defender as the only AV. If the Euro Commission stopped them from pre-packaging WMP and IE what makes them think that they will allow this?

Same thing with the FTC here in the States. That will NOT promote competition. That will cause a monopoly. Which is what we are here to prevent. I do not see this being a final answer. I see this choice being changed real quick. No way the AV companies will allow for such a thing.

Lol I was just reading some things about vista and MS still says you will still need at least a 3.0 GHZ processor and recommended 1 GB ram. I thought they would have lowered it by now since its closer to being completed.

LOL!! I don't even think there are that many 64bit processors that are 3.0 ghz yet.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/01/07/vista_requirements/

edit: unless they are talking about 3.0 ghz for pentium and 3000+ for amd.

I think they speak about Intel P4...

"3.0 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD processor"

mikee said:
Lol I was just reading some things about vista and MS still says you will still need at least a 3.0 GHZ processor and recommended 1 GB ram. I thought they would have lowered it by now since its closer to being completed.

LOL!! I don't even think there are that many 64bit processors that are 3.0 ghz yet.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/01/07/vista_requirements/

edit: unless they are talking about 3.0 ghz for pentium and 3000+ for amd.

the 64bit are eqivilant to a 3ghz Procc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom