Please Help Me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inatey

In Runtime
my computer wont stay started for more than 2 min... i am on my friends pc atm.. for sumreason my p4 2ghz with a gigabite 8x mobo will not say started up!! i think it has to do with the chipset the fan with the gigabite logo on it (the the cpu fan) is clicking and not moving as fast at it should... i dont have a temp sensore on what i think is also called the nothbridge (chipest) so i dont know how hot it i... but the side of the hsf (for the chipset) is prety hot to touch... could that be my problm??? a new chipset fan / better one? i dont overclock so that isnt the reason for restarts... pls help me... my friends is sick of me being at his house 24/7

go to comp usa or bestbuy and purchase a PS tester for around 10$ . Did you put the computer together ? It sounds like your CPU heatsink fan is going bad from what youve described.

Cappy said:
go to comp usa or bestbuy and purchase a PS tester for around 10$ . Did you put the computer together ? It sounds like your CPU heatsink fan is going bad from what youve described.

it was the norhbride fan... i took of the crummy gigabyte 40 mm fan and sat a 80mm fan on my vid card pointing right at it and it works better but it still crashes underload... i have to get a better one...

MicroBell said:
I would consider other options. Since your not overclocking...it would be highly unlikely the "Northbridge" would cause this reboot. Since the "Northbridge" and CPU set so close it may be a general cooling issue.

What are the temps in your bios? Did you just build this system or have you run it for awhile?

i am still having this problem... my idle cpu temps are 26-32... but i dont have a temp sensore on my nothbridge... if my hdd was overheating could that be a problem?? cuase i think it might i touched it and it was rather warm... is that normal?

It may me your ram i had faulty ram and when i opened a program that required a lot of ram it would just restart. I also thought it was a heating problem but it wasn't. Try mem test 86. If not ram then it's just a general heating problem.

MasterJason said:
It may me your ram i had faulty ram and when i opened a program that required a lot of ram it would just restart. I also thought it was a heating problem but it wasn't. Try mem test 86. If not ram then it's just a general heating problem.

were do i get memtest?? i have a p4 2ghz, gigabyte mobo ga-8iex, 250watt aopen psu. geforce4.... not sure but is is 64 mg.i have 2x case fans i back and 1 front, i psu fan, i have a fan resting on my vidio card blowing onto my noth bridge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom