7800Gtx 512mb for $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be quite honest I would rather go with a X1900 XT (XTX is a huge waste of money when you can get the XT for 100 bucks cheaper). Better with AA (plus you can have HDR with AA in ALL games) and performs better in most cases. Now all you have to worry about is the bad drivers. And since games are getting more and more shader intensive like Unreal Engine 3.0 (and also when ATI starts to put out better drivers like it should) it will get better, "like a fine wine it could get better with time" from a review I read somewhere. Plus it's up to 250 bucks cheaper then the GTX 512 if you buy somewhere else from newegg.

Not saying the GTX 512 is a bad card.

But it's intresting to see that it's back in stock.

fr34ky said:
The 7800GTX is for sale at newegg both evga and XFX.Just was giving a shout out becuase I've heard alot of people wanting this but cant find them.

Got these in SLi and I love this, highly sugest buying them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130259
Yep, good info.

Just curious, do you have any screen shots of your overclock? Never seen an FX-57 at 3.2 GHz.

Any pics of the system? Sounds like an awesome one!

An FX-57 at 3.2GHz should be a fairly easy overclock, thats only a 400MHz overclock. I have my CPU overclocked 950MHz.

You said the 7800GTX 512MB is on sale... You should have said, "It's available." lol - $749 isn't much of a sale...

X1900XTX is $100 less and outperforms it by a fair amount.

I'd be willing to assume that $749 will be dropping pretty quickly. Actually I bet you'll see some pretty hefty Mail in Rebates pretty soon.

Don't even bother with the XTX, the XT performs almost identical to it for 100 dollars less. But I did notice that a XTX with the Xfire edition (which is at the same speed as the XT) beat out the XT in Xfire by almost 12 fps in 1900 X 1440 in a game which has to be the driver software.

I doubt it will drop much soon, the amount for the 1.1 memory chips made the manufacturing price sky high because of the price for them when they came out, and retailers probably won't sell them below what they paid for at least till the G80 or the end of this year. But they will all probably be bought out before then.

I'm planning on buying one of those, I saw it last night as well. Is there an honest difference between the EvGa and the XFX GTX's? Because, the XFX seems better, as it is 580 instead of 550 factory overclocked.

Plus, they also cost the same price.....

eVGA is much better than any other brand out there because of 2 major reasons....

1. eVGA has a ridiculous warranty stating that unless the card is delibrately and physically DAMAGED, they will fix/replace it for the cost of shipping for life. That covers personal overclocking! eVGA is THAT confident in their product. They wage it against our own stupidity errr...demand. So go ahead and set the speeds as high as your temperatures will allow.

2. eVGA has a step-up program for 90 days after the purchase date of a new card from a credited distributor such as NewEgg.com. So if they G71 or even G80 pops its head out during those 90 days of your purchase, you can cash in your card and snag something different for the price difference.

Overall, eVGA dominates this Video Card industry with amazing service, warranties, compatiability and price. Besides, eVGA always seems to out-perform other brands of identical cards on benchmarks despite the stock speeds. So eVGA is the way to go...hands down.

There is absolutely no reason anyone would buy the 7800GTX 512, unless their a Nvidia fanboy, or just plain stupid.

HAVOC2k5 said:
You said the 7800GTX 512MB is on sale... You should have said, "It's available." lol - $749 isn't much of a sale...

X1900XTX is $100 less and outperforms it by a fair amount.

I'd be willing to assume that $749 will be dropping pretty quickly. Actually I bet you'll see some pretty hefty Mail in Rebates pretty soon.

Thats kinda what I meant. :)

http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newresults0jf.gif
Here's those picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom